Once you have completed your Emirates ID application process and it has been approved by the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs and Port Security (ICP), it will be sent for printing by authority.
According to u.ae – the official web portal of the United Arab Emirates – when the ID is printed, you will receive an email and SMS notification regarding the expected delivery date and the tracking number of the ID for Emirates Post. You will need to collect your package from the post office indicated in the SMS or email from ICP.
1. Visit this link: https://emiratespost.ae/Portal/Home?locale=en-us
2. Type the tracking number in the SMS notification and click on the blue tab labeled “Track”
3. Next, your shipment timeline will be displayed. It will indicate when the physical copy of the Emirates ID card was delivered to the post office and the date of collection.
1. Download the mobile app from iOS Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
2. Next, under the “Quick Actions” category, tap on “Track Shipment”.
3. Follow the steps on the website instructions and you will see the timeline of sending your Emirates ID card.
It is important to note that if you do not collect your new Emirates ID card within 90 days from the date of its arrival at the post office, it will be returned to ICA and destroyed.
Waiting to retrieve the physical copy of your Emirati ID card? Get the electronic version of the ID
You can get a digital copy of the ID while waiting for the printed cards to be issued. In June 2021, ICP announced the start of the first phase of issuing a new electronic version of the Emirates Identity Card.
If you want to get the electronic version of your Emirates ID, read here to follow the steps.
If you need to renew your Emirates ID, you can easily do so within hours via the ICP website – icp.gov.ae
Although the process is simple, it is important that you have all the necessary documents ready when you renew your Emirates ID card. For a step-by-step guide on how to get an Emirates ID in hours, read our guide here.