Norwegian Cruise Line has canceled two trips: January 3 sailing on Norwegian Pearl, which is currently on its way back to Miami, and January 5 sailing on Norwegian Getaway.
The announcement of the cancellations was made via letters to guests who booked for the crossings.
According to a letter, several positive cases of COVID-19 were recorded among the crew of the Pearl, most of them asymptomatic and being monitored by the Norwegian medical team. All affected crew members of the Pearl and their close contacts are currently in isolation, according to the cruise line.
The ship is now on its way to Miami to disembark its guests on January 6. Guests should automatically receive a full refund of their cruise fares within 12 to 15 business days.
If passengers booked the trip using Future Cruise Credit (FCC), 100% of the FCC used will be automatically reapplied to their Latitudes accounts within seven business days.
“All customers who have booked flights through Norwegian Cruise Line will receive new flight schedules within the next 48 hours by email on file. All of the quests that have independently secured flights are guided to work directly with the airline and travel insurance provider for reimbursement options, ”the cruise line wrote.
The Norwegian Getaway’s Jan. 5 crossing was also canceled due to “COVID-related circumstances,” the cruise line wrote in a letter to affected guests. As with the Pearl cancellation, affected Getaway customers will automatically receive a full refund in cash or FCC – depending on the payment method used when booking – within the same time periods.
Pearl and Getaway customers have received offers which may be available when they make a new reservation. Offers include:
- For passengers on the canceled Getaway trip: 20% off the passenger’s next Norwegian cruise, cumulative with any promotions available at time of booking. Discount will be added to guests Latitudes and will be available from January 11, 2022. This discount can be used to book from January 11, 2022 through January 11, 2023 and can be applied to all sailings through May 31, 2023.
- For passengers on the canceled Pearl trip: Passengers may receive a FCC worth 100% of the paid trip price. 100 percent FCC will be applied to their Latitudes and will be available from January 10, 2022, for all travel until May 31, 2023.
- 70% reduction on the second guest rate for a limited time only, for those who book a new cruise before January 31, 2022, for any published trip.
- Those who book a new cruise before January 31, 2022, for any travel published through 2024, can use the Take them all! The offer allows customers to add the five Free at sea amenities when reserving certain cabin categories for any published trip. Amenities include a free unlimited drink package, free specialty meals, free Wi-Fi package, free shore excursion credits, and discounted rates for family and friends – valued up to $ 4,000 per person .
- Those who buy a $ 150 CruiseFirst certificate, a certificate for the next guest cruise, will receive an additional $ 150 credit.
The combined value of these deals is over $ 4,000 per person, Norwegian said.